Page 584 of 587 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 11727

Thread: NEW DONK CITY

at the North Pole like
    Prince of Persia The Sands of Time confirmed great game by Chipcheezum

✌I want it, mommy I don't care, mommy👌 Vaped My Dads Piss's Avatar

Blinx the Time Meow is a game about a borderline rapist cat with phenomenal time powers who just wants to tidy up, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Super Metroid View Post
    Wow Lynch! Wow!

Man I kind of loved the Death Note Netflix movie I don't really get all the hate for it.

Like sure it's nothing even approximating a faithful adaptation but it never once pretended it was going to try and the creative liberties taken I thought lead to some really interesting stuff.

I HATE that picture

KUYASHI

✌I want it, mommy I don't care, mommy👌 Vaped My Dads Piss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoden View Post
    Man I kind of loved the Death Note Netflix movie I don't really get all the hate for it.

Like sure it's nothing even approximating a faithful adaptation but it never once pretended it was going to try and the creative liberties taken I thought lead to some really interesting stuff.
    I thought I was taking crazy pills - like did we watch the same anime. Don't get me wrong I fucking love it but do you really need 4 episodes of L connecting the dots to figure out where Kira is? No a normal police officer would chase that thread. It hit all the beads for me and ends where the first arc of the anime really ends. I really don't get the complaining of all the insignificant pet filler someone loves that was missing. Or using Misa how they did - honestly with how much is going on these days do you really need to worship the change of light from a sociopathic genius to being involved with Mia and having someone turn the note against him. It also feels more realistic for a setting - a Japanese kid would definitely spend hours studying in his room and building special traps in the drawer to destroy the note and anyone who would discover it, etc. A dumb American kid would show it to their fuck interest and make fatal mistake without even thinking. I won't even be mad if they never made another one - this hit all the beats for me. Besides L dying and Shinigami World (how fucking bad did Dafoe steal basically any scene he's in?) the last half of the series honestly gets fucking weird and a lot harder to swallow. L is an infinitely more interesting, better protagonist than Near on basically every level and a lot easier to accept for the purpose of moving to plot forward which really peaks with L dying and just kind of meanders for another 2 story arcs. And the dynamic they've added to L where he flies off the handle and especially at the end where he almost writes lights name are great fucking additions to someone reinterpreting and adapting the work. People honestly love to complain, I loved the stupid Ghost in The Shell movie goons hate too because of "white washing" even thou the fucking creator of the manga said he was ok with it and it was a valid interpretation because his world is one of post sex and gender and body.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaped My Dads Piss View Post

I thought I was taking crazy pills - like did we watch the same anime. Don't get me wrong I fucking love it but do you really need 4 episodes of L connecting the dots to figure out where Kira is? No a normal police officer would chase that thread. It hit all the beads for me and ends where the first arc of the anime really ends. I really don't get the complaining of all the insignificant pet filler someone loves that was missing. Or using Misa how they did - honestly with how much is going on these days do you really need to worship the change of light from a sociopathic genius to being involved with Mia and having someone turn the note against him. It also feels more realistic for a setting - a Japanese kid would definitely spend hours studying in his room and building special traps in the drawer to destroy the note and anyone who would discover it, etc. A dumb American kid would show it to their fuck interest and make fatal mistake without even thinking. I won't even be mad if they never made another one - this hit all the beats for me. Besides L dying and Shinigami World (how fucking bad did Dafoe steal basically any scene he's in?) the last half of the series honestly gets fucking weird and a lot harder to swallow. L is an infinitely more interesting, better protagonist than Near on basically every level and a lot easier to accept for the purpose of moving to plot forward which really peaks with L dying and just kind of meanders for another 2 story arcs. And the dynamic they've added to L where he flies off the handle and especially at the end where he almost writes lights name are great fucking additions to someone reinterpreting and adapting the work. People honestly love to complain, I loved the stupid Ghost in The Shell movie goons hate too because of "white washing" even thou the fucking creator of the manga said he was ok with it and it was a valid interpretation because his world is one of post sex and gender and body.
    Yeah dude, both L and Ryuk (I loved Dafoe as Ryuk holy shit) stole every scene they were in without doubt. I remember being uncertain about the L casting since little bits I heard about it seemed off (might have just been nerds complaining about it) + the really awkward screenshot of them both in the diner with him holding onto the chair while he sat on it, but he fucking nailed it. That diner scene was especially good.

I mean the movie isn't perfect but fitting a large story like Death Note into a 2 hour window is going to force you in certain directions. Like the scene where L is confident that Kira didn't kill him only because he couldn't after the press conference didn't make much sense in the context of the movie since Kira had up to that point only killed criminals and had shown no indication he would do anything otherwise (unlike in the anime where L goads Kira into killing Lind L Tailor which proved he was a manbaby willing to drop the facade at a moment's notice and kill anyone in his way, aka the best fucking scene in the whole show). But they needed to move the story forward and allow L to make certain deductions while keeping it in line with the source material on some level so I don't mind it too much.

L totally losing his shit was awesome and I like that he was struggling with his own principles in deciding whether to write Light's name in the book. I dunno there's just a lot of fun and stylish elements in the movie and I really appreciated the things it did, even if it all didn't fit together perfectly and felt expedited at times for the sake of condensing the entire story in 2 hours. I wonder what I would have thought of the movie if I had never seen the anime.

As a side note I really like how the guy who played L made it seem like he was intensely emotional at oddly specific times. Like he was just on the verge of losing at times it but kept it cool.

poo gas

DEAD GAME

at the North Pole like
    It's just in Maintenance mode

in love with a pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjiyan View Post
    DEAD GAME
    Dead forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjiyan View Post
    DEAD GAME
    Dead forum